Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Upcoming League events.
LWV Position on the Popular Vote for President Learn More
- The League supports the direct election of the President of the United States by popular vote.
Wilmette Capital Improvement Planning Learn More
- Update on $77 Million Stormwater Project
Planned Unit Development in the Village of Wilmette Learn More
- Developer HODC met with the community on Sept. 7, 2016. Click here to read an article from the Wilmette Life about it.
Getting and Staying on the Ballot Presentation Learn More
- Did you miss the "Getting and Staying on the Ballot presentation? Click here to see the slides from the presentation and the complete manual for prospective candidates.
LWV-Wilmette in the News Learn More
- News coverage of WJHS 9th Congressional District Candidate Forum
"THE VOTER" Learn More
- Click here for November, 2016 newsletter
Coal Tar Pavement Sealant Advocacy Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of Wilmette has been conducting an advocacy project to ask the Village of Wilmette to ban the use of coal tar based pavement sealers.
Check out our Facebook page! Learn More
- CLICK HERE TO
About the League Learn More
- As a nonpartisan political organization, we encourage individuals to
play an informed and active role in government. Working at local, state,
and national levels, we welcome men and women to join us as we work
together to influence public policy through education and advocacy.
Join the League Learn More
- Join the League or Renew Your Membership!
LWV Wilmette Member Book Learn More
- POLICIES, POSITIONS AND PROCEDURES 2016-2017
Updated November, 2016
Wilmette Village Meetings on Video Learn More
- Now including videos of our League of Student and Governments Leaders mock board meetings.